Sign in or
Monday, April 6
research paper--start hereWednesday April 1
Please complete wiki nickname formWednesday, March 25
"Help for Georgia" quizWednesday, March 18
Help for Georgia: Responses
Scroll all the way to the right to see your score. You may take the quiz multiple times to increase your score.
Please complete two brief surveys:
Home page evaluation
Project page evaluation
List of sources due
1. Today: work on group wiki intro--rewrite, edit, proofread. It can still be changed later. You can insert photo and change name of page and insert logo. See Russia ef1 for ideas of what can be done.
2. Today: the next task is for each member to the group to post a project paragraph on the projects page. The project paragraph should introduce the reader to your topic. It is an introductory statement about of what your topic is and why it interests you and what your research plans are. It can be a personal statement rather than a purely academic statement. The paragraph should have three links to newspaper articles or websites that are relevant to your topic. You should work the links into a discussion of your topic. Here is an example of an article that links to other articles.
3. paste the topic name and the project paragraph on the project page. Let me know if your group needs more boxes.
4. Monday: VERY IMPORTANT--meet in 1c15. We will be working as a class and in groups on writing and editing the editorial. This class will be observed by another faculty member. Please be on time and participate fully. Please read your email between today and Monday, as I will be sending more information and two more online quizzes to prepare for Monday. I will also ask some students to act as group leaders for Monday. These students will be notified by email. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL DAILY BETWEEN TODAY AND MONDAY. Thank you for your cooperation.
5. If you did not do so, please email me your Iran paper. Also, finish the editorials.assignment.
Monday, March 16
Wednesday, March 11
1. Sign up for a Google alert for your research topic. Have it sent to your email address. You can sign up for more than one for better coverage.-------------------------------------------------------
2. Work on the list of sources. Remember this is a preliminary list to get you started. You may or may not use all of these preliminary sources; you will certainly need to find more sources as you become more familiar with your topic and you know what you are looking for.
3. Make sure you understand the APA forms for books, magazine articles, news articles, web sites and scholarly articles. Use my handbook and the APA References link (in the column to the right). This assignment is due Monday, March 16. You must hand in correctly formatted APA References list.
Monday, March 9
Latest page update: made by ericnyork
, Jun 2 2009, 10:20 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by ericnyork
2 words added
1 widget deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: admin
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.